Monday, March 7, 2016

Love

You are everything I am. Everything I want to be.

Unfortunately, I am afraid to reach my own potential. Too afraid to be comfortable. I remember the first time we kissed. The butterflies, the endorphin release and the love that I felt down to my core. Through will, patience and determination I had won your heart. A prize that is priceless to be. To be the keeper of your heart and love is more than I can handle most days. Some days it is the only thing that reaches out to me to grab onto.

I'm alive today because of your heart. You have the biggest heart I've seen. A person who has a storied past and an understanding of what brought you to where you are today. I do not write many love letters anymore. That's my fault. I apologize. There is not enough words in the English language. Jeg Elskar Deg. The first words you spoke to me that truly hit me. It was you sharing a piece of your culture with me. When I'm afraid to show my culture to the world. I truly felt comfortable in that moment. I still get lost in that moment. You've supported me through questionable things, honest things and my decisions (though I may not think them through). Without that, I would not have motivation. I would not know what I am capable of.

I'm afraid of failure. My biggest fear is failing you. I'm probably never going to be who you want. I can accept that. I am trying to be better. To be a better husband, friend and confidant. I'm ingrained not to. I'm an introvert because of my past. I'm an introvert because of the people I once called friends. I want to be that guy you want.

Know I have, will and will continue to follow you and your heart. I will never let go.

Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment